Monday, August 25, 2008

See to be Seen

H2C teams consist of 12 runners with 6 each in two vans. So while one van is out on the road running, supporting, and driving from exchange to exchange, the other van is trying to waste time and sleep. The logistics of this creates a strange situation where you NEVER see the rest of your team. I'm not even sure the other van even really exists. It's a myth like the unicorns and god. I just occasionally see Amber running through with a slap braclet but there's zero proff they're doing anything but that last 40 feet.

While at the same time you end up locked in these dejavuish loops where you see the same freaking people constantly. I've seen the other EKIN vans more in the last day than I've seen my family in the last year. They're like everywhere. I end up seeing Missy every exchange. I can't get away from the freakin super heroes.

We were in a loop with the Under Armour Van for a while which was interesting for two reasons. One because we caught their runner on leg 18 rocking a pair of Asics. And two because on our first set of legs we definitely saw someone tag a NIKE+ on them. No telling who did it considering 90% of the people here rock the Swoosh, but I will high 5 anyone with pictures.

No comments: