Saturday, August 23, 2008

Leg 5: The Day I Made It Rain

So I've spoken to the fact that my legs are kinda difficult - lots of hills and long as the facial hair on the Oregonian people. It was going to be difficult, but also already stated, that's how I roll. I bring the thunder. But after running the first leg I would like to change the word kinda to very, and difficult to possibly life threatening.

It started off OK, downhill and kind of fast. Then all of a sudden I was climbing Kilimanjaro. No one told me I was going to need a sherpa for this race. And it wasn't the kind of hill that eventually levels off and you're all proud of yourself. This was like 4 solid miles of 45 degree angle running. For those familiar with Central Park it was like Harlem Hill took steroids and got pissed at you for talking to its girlfriend.

But I did manage under a 6:30 pace. (It was really a 6.08 mile run and Nike+ logged it as 6) and picked up 10 road kills. Dropped those suckas dead yo.

But the most notable part of the run came about 4 miles in when I was making a turn. There was a van full of hot chicks looking at me with what I thought was cute flirty glances. But a half a mile later I get dropped mad hard by a 4'9" blond chick and I realized they just found it funny that they're 98 lb friend was sitting on my shoulder getting ready to tell me that her fast smells like burnt toast. (it was actually more like cherry vanilla.)

Showering, eating, and getting ready for leg 17. Rain has been brought.



No comments: