Saturday, August 23, 2008

Leg 17: The Return of the Mack

Got Tot throwin’ it down on leg 15 at about deuce fiddy in the A to the M. People are kinda shocked at the energy level our van is bringing at hand-offs because none of us have bothered sleeping yet, but the last two legs the lack of shut-eye has started to show a little. Selecia would likely describe her leg as left than comfortable, and John’s not doing any bragging – even though I screamed “FEED THE WARRIOR!” to him after handing off

That leaves my homeboy Vince Ho to throw a Cali style ass whoopin – ya hearing me?

After that I need to get on my pony because I have a 5.69 (haha 69), mile jaunt down a leg flatter than a 4th grader. I’m projected to go 6:00 pace but I’d be very happy matching my last leg. Hell, I’ll be happy to break 7:00s. But that’s not the kind of thinking that’s bringing home the gold.

Overall I’m lil’ tired, lil’ sore, lil’ anxious, lil’ rad… I’d say lil’ hungry but my boy JS hooked a brotha up with a bar of some type and a handful of aminal crackas. Couple polar bears, a koala, and brown bear later and I’m ready to throw down. As John is fond of saying these days – “That’s blogable.”

Just asked Nat Tat Tat how she’s rolling and she was like, “In mansions and Benzes playa!” And as she says it Tot rolls by and yells, “This is the wackest thing I’ve ever done in my life.” So it’s good to see she’s having a good time with it.

So Vinnie is bouta get on it and I’m on deck. Check back after the run.

No comments: